Saturday, February 18, 2012

It scares me sometimes how dependent I am on the people I surround myself with. I have issues with vulnerability and how far I let someone really get to know me. But lately, it just felt like my walls are down and I’m jumping in with both feet not knowing what awaits me down below. I feel like I care so much about them that their well being affects my well being and unfortunately my sanity. But I have also learnt that vulnerability is not a sign of weakness, despite what many might say. I’m still adjusting to it and I can feel that I’m anxious yet excited to see how far I would let myself go. I spent most of my time in the past two years trying to build these walls up. Watching them all fall again does indeed make me feel very concerned. But then again, I might just have something this year that I didn’t before. It is a huge risk I’m taking but I pray that something new and good comes my way (most times the bad makes its way in first).